No Validation is Done When Editing Create Children Differentiators
(Doc ID 2565153.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After Retail Merchandising System (RMS) generate the “Pending Child Items”, it is designed to allows the user to change the ID generated. However, the screen (front end) does not perform any validation as it does when creating an item.
While creating child items, it is possible to edit the item number length to a value greater than and lesser than what ORIN constraint establishes.
Steps To Recreate:
- Create an Item and setup required field.
- Create this item with differentiators.
- Create Children and choose the Number Type.
- Choose the differentiators combinations and hit apply
- Check the generated children in the “Pending Child Items” Box.
- Click to Edit (change the length, fewer or more) “Edit Child Item”.
- Hit Ok and then Save and Close.
- Notice that no validation is performed anywhere. No validation in the field to validate Item existence or item length (format).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document