SIM Does Not Update the SOH Correctly After a Sale Transaction Between Stock Count Snapshot and Authorize
(Doc ID 2565549.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Unit and Amount Stock Count does not update the quantity correctly if a Sale transaction is received after taking the snapshot but before uploading the count file and authorizing the count.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Unit and Amount Stock Count Product Group and schedule it for Day 1.
2. Notice the STORE_ITEM_STOCK.QUANTITY_TOTAL of Item A which is part of the above stock count -> 40.
2. on Day 1, run ExtractUnitAmountStockCount.sh batch and then open the stock count and take the snapshot (For Item A it is 40).
Take note of the STOCK_COUNT_LINE_ITEM.SNAPSHOT_DATE_TIME.
3. The physical count takes place on Day 1 and the physical count for Item A is 16, but the count file is still not uploaded to the SIM.
4. On Day 2, a Sale of Item A (Qty = 1) is coming to the SIM, the STORE_ITEM_STOCK.QUANTITY_TOTAL is 39.
5. Upload the count file to SIM and run ThirdPartyStockCountImport.sh batch.
6. Notice that the STOCK_COUNT_LINE_ITEM.SNAPSHOT_DATE_TIME is updated with the current GMT time of the database server.
7. Authorize the Stock Count.
8. Notice that the STORE_ITEM_STOCK.QUANTITY_TOTAL of Item A is 16.
The expected is 15, since on Day 1 the physical count was 16 and then a sale came on Day 2.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!