URL Generated by Copy URL to Clipboard Contains "#" and the Object Cannot Be Accessed From the URL
(Doc ID 2566700.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is time that URL generated by Copy URL to Clipboard contains "#" and the object cannot be accessed from the URL
"#" not to be added to the URL generated by Copy URL to Clipboard
The issue can be reproduced by will with following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer (IE), and login to Web Client
- After logging in, close the popup window, and put the cursor at the end of the URL displayed in the address bar of the original window, and ENTER
- Now you will see Web Client opened in the original window
- Open another tab, and type in Web Client URL, and ENTER
- Now you will see Web Client opened from two tabs
- Refresh the first tab to load the main frame in it.
- Run an advanced search, you would see # is appended to the URL
- Open any object from the search result
- Goto Action > Copy URL to Clipboard
- See # is added after PLMServlet in the URL:
- Paste the copied URL to the address bar of the browser, and ENTER
- See it fails to open the object
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document