Event Disappeared From Work Agenda When Multi-Phase Event Re-predicted To Single Phase Device
(Doc ID 2571484.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 2.3 to 2.4]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 2.3 to 2.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, NMS Infrastructure
Event disappeared from Work Agenda when 2 phase event re-predicted to 1 phase device
Event disappeared from Work Agenda when 2 phase event is re-predicted to upstream 1 phase device. This is not a typical practice (and NMS is probably not allowing this action) but the event shouldn't disappear from the Viewer or Work Agenda. If NMS is not allowing this action a warning or error message should be visible to users.
NMS should prevent operators from repredicting a multiphase outage to a lesser-phase device
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Testing the change requires a multiphase device that is modeled as several single phase devices.
(i.e. instead of a 3-phase switch, you have three single-phase switches)
In the test steps this will be called "target device".
Note: There are no such devices in OPAL model.
1. Submit calls to create probable outage affecting more than one phase downstream from the "target device".
2. Select one of the single phase devices representing "target device" and use "Repredict to Here" option in Control Tool.
3. The outage symbol disappears from the viewer and the event disappears from workagenda
4. Select the "target device" again, and use "Repredict Downstream" option in Control Tool.
5. The outage will move to the previous device and it will re-appear in workAgenda.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document