Discount Proration Calculation Is Not As Expected And Is Not Alligned With Product Proration Cycle L
(Doc ID 2571910.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When discounts are purchased backdated for more than one billing cycle and the bill has already been generated, the cycle forward monthly event generated by the discount use multiple months for proration cycle calculation where any such backdated product purchase always alligns with billing cycle dates and produces multiple events.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Move PVT to 19th July 2019.
2) Create an account with effective date as 04th june and bill DOM as 4th.
3) Run billing. 0$ bill should be generated for 04/jun-04/july.
4) Purchase a MRC Product backdated to 4th june. 2 cycle forward monthly events will be generated with following charge dates
5) Purchase a discount on 6th June which is applicable on the MRC product.
6) Discount will be applied and proration scale will be calculated as 59/61. where from 06th june to 04th aug is 59 days and 04th june to 04th aug is 61 days.
7) when products are purchased similarly cycle forward monthly events are broken down to bill period boundaries and multiple events are generated. So product and discount proration calculations are not aligned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document