Ending Inventory Retail Goes Down Twice for a Late Posted RUA After the Stock Count Is Completed
(Doc ID 2574732.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a late Receiver Unit Adjustment (RUA) is posted after Stock Counts are completed (stock counts are stock Ledger are posted) the ending Inventory retail goes wrong; it goes down twice instead of once.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Over-receive a Purchase Order (PO).
2. A few months later schedule a Stock Count and complete it.
3. Execute Calculate Actual Current Shrinkage and Budgeted Shrink to Apply to Stock Ledger (STKDLY).
4. A few days later do an RUA for the date in the same fiscal of the Stock count, but since the PO is months older, it will post into the first day of the current fiscal month, and for the first week.
5. It will create tran_code 20 (Purchases) and tran_code 22 (Stock Adjustment) records with adj_code U (Unit adjustment) for both the records in the TRAN_DATA.
6. Note that the Stock on Hand (SOH) is not impacted.
7. Since 20 U (Purchase Retail) is part of the Inventory calculations, it impacts the ending inventory retail for the first week of the month and in turn, it impacts the open stock Retail for the week where the stock count is also completed.
8. Since there is Open Stock retail which is now recalculated from RUA and there is Shrinkage retail which is from Stock counts (Stocktake Adj Retail), the ending retail goes down by twice instead of once.
So, either RUA or Stock Count should have impacted, but not both.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document