BRM-ECE Transaction Errors Are Not Handled Properly In RODOD Setup
(Doc ID 2583780.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a RODOD (Oracle-Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery) implementation with Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) that is integrated with Siebel using Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) there is an issue that whenever an error occurs in ECE, BRM is not relaying the error which occurred in ECE, back to AIA (which is required to create fallout and subsequently a trouble ticket in Siebel).
Steps to reproduce:
- Create account in RODOD end to end with a discount having validity for 3 months.
- Bill the account for 1st month.
- Bill the account for 2nd month.
- Bill the account for 3rd month.
- Bill the account for 4th month (discount is expired at this time).
- Cancel the service which has a discount which is active but expired in BRM.
- Cancellation of service failed, since discount is not present in Customer cache in ECE (since discount is expired).
Below is error in ECE log:
- There is no fault/error response from BRM to AIA and as a result there is no trouble ticket created in Siebel (AIA will be able to create a trouble ticket whenever there is a fault in transaction).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document