Return Webservice Is Not Taking the return ID as External ID (as in SIM GUI), instead is taking Null.
(Doc ID 2594744.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 07, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Return Webservice Is Not Working As It Works In Store Inventory Management (SIM) graphical User Interface.
Return To Warehouse webservice is not taking the return ID as external ID during the dispatch after RTW creation as in SIM GUI.
Because of this, transfer is not created in RMS as it throws the external ID is null in ASNout messages.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new return to warehouse by calling saveReturn in StockReturnService webservice for an existing item. Do not put External ID (as it is optional).
- Then dispatch it by calling dispatchReturn.
- Check newly created return with id [BOL ID] and observe the EXTERNAL_ID in RETURN table is populated with 'null' string (not as in null value). In RETURN_LINE_ITEM is 0.
- Check the message in MPS_STAGE_MESSAGE and observe that MESSAGE_DESCRIPTION is 'DISTRO_NUM:null' and RETURN_ASN:null. MESSAGE_DATA has null and null.
- Observe transfer was NOT created in RMS. Check RIB for RMS and observe that messages are failing to be processed due to null value.
- From SIM interface create a new return and dispatch it and observe that message are getting processed. Check if transfer was created: Yes.
- Observe webservice is inserting value null instead return ID in the messages sent to Retail Merchandising System (RMS).
- Create a new return to warehouse by calling saveReturn in StockReturnService webservice, but include the external ID. Observe no error is returned by SIM.
- Observe only only one transfer was created in RMS. Second message is failing to be processed due to shipment already exists. Note issue is appearing only if the item is already part of the transfer.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document