Item CFAs Attribute-Level Validation Fails via Item Upload Process but Works Fine via RMS UI
(Doc ID 2610996.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A custom attribute-level validation function for Item CFAs works fine via RMS UI, but fails to validate when an Item is created via Item Upload process (formerly Induction).
Expect that the validation functions should work in the same manner as that of RMS UI for Item Upload.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create CFAs for ITEM_MASTER table.
2. Create the scripts for the CFA views by running CFAGEN.KSH and execute the created scripts in the database.
3. Add custom validation functions to the attributes that will make the attributes dependent on other attributes.
4. Define a new worksheet to the Item Master template for the newly created CFA.
5. Create a sample item for the test – item_level = 1, tran_level = 1, no CFAs defined.
6. Download the Item Download template for the created item and check if the worksheet for CFAs has been added
7. Make sure that custom tables have relevant data for the tests.
8. Edit the test item in RMS UI. Go to More Actions > Other Attributes >
8a. Note that custom validation functions are working according to expectations.
9. Click “Cancel” to close the CFA screen without saving the data.
10. Take the downloaded Item Download template from step 6 and add some data to the V_ITEM_CFA sheet.
11. Upload the template via Item Upload process.
11a. Check the errors.
11b. Expected result: successful upload of the template as the CFAs data provided in the spreadsheet is valid, the same data can be successfully created via RMS UI.
12. Try to create the same data via RMS UI – it works fine.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document