Rerating Is Creating An Unbilled Item In Case Of First Usage Enabled Plan
(Doc ID 2616232.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue is that, for a plan with First Usage enabled, rerating is creating an unbilled cycle forward item instead of adjustment item, in the below scenario:
- Account created on Nov 19th and completed the First Usage (FU)
- On Dec 1st the billing is completed and Cycle Forward events for Nov 19 - Dec 1 and Dec 1 - Jan 1 are applied
- On Dec 5th changed the rate for MRC (monthy recurring charge) and rerated
- Now the new charge is applied for both cycles correctly, but instead of creating an adjustment item for the bill, it has created unbilled item for the current cycle (Dec 1 - Jan 1)
- Rerating is calling the PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_VALIDITY opcode to apply the MRC, so the charges are coming as unbilled cycle forward item instead of adjustment item
- If the same scenario is executed without First Usage, rerating is creating MRC correctly as adjustment item and it is allocating to the existing bill which it has rerated. But with FU, it is just negating the existing charges and creating the unbilled item for the current cycle.
- If rerated from the second cycle onward, the behavior is fine.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document