Entity Validation Is Not Triggering Correctly In Item Master Screen
(Doc ID 2616346.1)
Last updated on APRIL 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Entity Validation is not triggering correctly In Item Master screen.
There are 2 issues with Entity validation.
1. Entity validation is getting triggered on click on any menu item in item screen.
2. Entity validation is not getting triggered on click on item submit/approval.
Custom Flex Attribute (CFA) entity validation is triggering on click of menu link in ITEM screen. Entity validation should fire only on click of Save/Save And Close/Save or during Submit/Approval
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a dummy entity level validation which just returns false.
2. Update table CFA_EXT_ENTITY.VALIDATION_FUNC with the function created in Step1.
2. Open an existing item or create a new item.
3. Click on any menu. Eg: More Actions -> Suppliers, Locations, etc.
4. Notice entity level validation is triggered showing 'Validation Error'.
5. Remove the entry from table CFA_EXT_ENTITY.VALIDATION_FUNC.
6. Fill in all the required details to create the item.
7. Add the entry back in table CFA_EXT_ENTITY.VALIDATION_FUNC.
8. Submit the Item.
9. Notice that no entity validation is triggered and Item is submitted.
10.Approve the item.
11.Notice that no entity validation is triggered and Item is approved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document