Edit Price Component Button is Missing on Pricing Screen When Price is End Dated
(Doc ID 2618393.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On RMB v188.8.131.52.0, Edit Price Component button is missing on Pricing Screen when Price is end dated.
When opened price for product, edit price component button is missing for change in rate.
Note: in v2401 due to single screen price change was allowed, rebill with different price was possible.
With new change in pricing UI, edit price component button is not available to update price for rebill scenarios.
The User should be able to perform edit for suitable dates in case of referred price assignment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to ORMB with User1 (Submitter).
2. Create a Person, Account and Contract.
3. Create PriceList and navigate to Price list Product Pricing screen
4. Create an Active Price assignment existing for Price item - P1 with Effective Start Date = 1st Jan, 2015 and Effective End Date = null.
5. Setup the approval workflow for Price Assignment and activate it.
Scenario 1 : Using referred Price assignment existing for Price item - P1 with tier based rate schedule
6. Now assign the pricelist to person and view the effective pricing on the account.
7. For Price item - P1 to assigned that account, create and complete a bill on lets say bill date as 31st Jan,2016.
8. Navigate to PriceList and open the Price Item Pricing for the Price item - P1.
9. Click 'Edit' (pencil icon) against the Price item - P1 in the PriceItem Pricing screen.
10. Alter the end date to 31st Jan,2016 and click on the 'Submit' button.
11. Verify whether that no end date error is thrown except for the referred period.
12. Log-in to ORMB with User2 (Approver).
13. Navigate to 'Approve Price Assignment' Screen and search and view the approval transaction for PriceItem - P1.
14. The user may approve the price assignment as required.
15. Repeat steps 9 to 14 altering the end date
Scenario 2 : Using non referred Price assignment existing for Price item - P2 with any rate schedule
16. Add PriceItem -P2 to PriceList.
17. Repeat step 7 to 10
18. Verify whether that no end date error is thrown.
19. Repeat step 12 to 15.
Scenario 3 : Using Price assignment Price item - P3 on various level of Effective Pricing to verify override action
20. Now assign the pricelist to person and view the effective pricing on the account.
21. Override the Priceitem P3 on person by modifying the Start date to 1st July,2016 and save in Draft status.
22. Make changes in the price component by changing the rate value for the newly created DRAFT price assignment.
23. Submit the draft price assignment for approval for PriceItem P1.
24. Log-in to ORMB with User(Approver).
25. Navigate to 'Approve Price Assignment' Screen and search and view the approval transaction for PriceItem P1.
26. Approve the changes.
27. Observe that the new start date is stamped on the person for the given price item.
28. Verify in the PriceList that the priceitem pricing is not end dated.
The issue has the following business impact:
High Financial Impact as Rebill with price change scenario affected.
Upgraded to RMB v184.108.40.206 from v220.127.116.11.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document