Incorrect Charges are Generated from QuarterlyCycleArrear Event While Activating with OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODUCT_STATUS
(Doc ID 2625187.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue is that, in a setup where one has created a custom event 'QuarterlyCycleArrear', it is seen that incorrect charges are applied from QuarterlyCycleArrear while activating the product using opcode OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODUCT_STATUS.
Steps to reproduce:
- Pin_virtual_time (PVT) July 25 2020
- Account is created, QuarterlyCycleArrear product & discount (amount = 100) purchased on July 25 2020 (product purchased in Inactive state)
- PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODUCT_STATUS is called to activate the product
- Run billing in Aug, Sep, Oct. In Oct, quarterlyCycleArrear is triggered
- PVT Oct 25 2020 - OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODINFO is called to set end date for the Quarterly product and discount to July 25
- PVT Oct 25 2020 - backdated purchase of same Quarterly product and discount (discount amount now = 200) is performed with start date as July 25, again product is purchased in Inactive state
- At this point, it is seen that quarterlyCycleArrear charge is reversed
- Run 'pin_cycle_fess -cancel' and 'pin_discount_cleanup -m close', at this point another $100 reversed
- Now executed PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODUCT_STATUS to activate the product, at this point it is seen that incorrect charge of $500 is applied; two times ($200) from new discount purchased in Step 6 and $100 from old cancelled discount. So the issue here is the quarterlyCycleArrear event is being charged multiple times with different purchased_discount objects
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document