Rentals for the Active Duration is Not Charged During Rerating
(Doc ID 2625522.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a setup with Elastic Charging Engine integrated with Billing and Revenue Management, a service with Recurring charge (RC) is created. After some days this service is cancelled. After cancelling the service, changed the price for the Recurring Charge product and performed rerating. Here it is observed there is a charge missing for the duration when the product was active.
- An account with RC product (initial price -> 531.2) was created on 12th Dec (prorated impact -> 342.709677)
- Cancelled the product on 20th Dec (currency impact -> -205.625806)
- On cancellation, the effective charge for the customer is around 137 (342.709677 - 205.625806)
- Then changed the price of RC product from 531.2 to 631.2 and performed rerating on 22nd Dec
- After rerate, one could only see the backout events for original impacts (-342.709677 and 205.625806)
- However, one does not see any rerate impact on the charge 137 and hence the customer is not charged at all in this case.
It is expected that the new charge 631.2 should be generated for the period from 12th Dec to 20th Dec which is not happening in this case.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document