EBS: PS: Firm Operations Not Scheduled Correctly in Some Cases
(Doc ID 2633776.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Production Scheduling - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PS initially schedules a work order. The work order is firmed in the tool, using the PS calculated dates. When you cold solve again, those dates are no longer respected. PS is not respecting it's previous schedule. This appears to be due to the existence of precedence constraints on earlier operations (which are closed).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Open PS Model
2) Verify there is one work order in this model, work order 123. (the other one is on hold).
3) Run the solver and verify it is scheduled
4) In Production Pegging, right click on the work order 123 and select 'Change'.
5) In Operations Tab, set Firm Status = Firm Start and Firm Dates = Set to Planned Dates
6) Cold Solve again
7) Verify all the dates are pushed out.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are seeing incorrect planned start dates for work order operations.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document