Rerate Objects for Backout Events are Missing in Case of Cancelled Product RC Rerated Events
(Doc ID 2639608.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Rerate objects for backout events are missing in case of cancelled Product Recurring Charge (RC) rerated events.
1. Purchase a RC product on 26th Dec which is having $10 per day charge.
2. Get an impact of $60 (6 days).
3. Cancel the product on next day, i.e. 27th, so the customer gets the refunded amount as -$50.
4. Post cancellation, change the price of the product to $20 per day and then perform a rerating.
5. After rerating, get the backout events of -$60 (original) and $50 (refunded) and also the new rerated amount of $20 (new charge incurred for the period of 26th-27th Dec).
The issue here is that the backout events which got generated at above mentioned step 5 in scenario do not point to the new rerated impact of $20 (rerated_obj_id0 is not populated for these backout events).
Due to this, customers are facing issues in invoicing while merging the events.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document