Event Loading Is Very Slow By UEL
(Doc ID 2641049.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a production system, it was observed that the Universal Event Loader (UEL) performance degraded over time and the throughput has reduced.
- The setup has about 13 UEL processes that keep processing the rated event files that are sent in the staging folder.
- Typically each file will have about 500 event records to be loaded by UEL
- When the performance slowed down to about loading 15 events per second into the database, during this time blocking sessions in the database were observed, so after killing the blocked sessions and restarting UEL process it would resume processing with better throughput
- On another day the performance slowed down to loading only about 5 events per second while the typical throughput expected is about 35 events per second
- For sake of analysis, a single event was loaded with op_act_usage and opcode stack trace was collected and it was noted that it took 4 seconds to load just one event using UEL (op_act_usage).
What are the recommendations to improve the UEL performance in such scenarios?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document