SMS Refund Rating Wrongly in Case of Free Bucket
(Doc ID 2650110.1)
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A customer has 25 Short Message Service (SMS) free as part of base plan. Notice that if a refund request is received for the 25th SMS, it is applying the discount rule #2, which is supposed to apply after the 25 SMS are consumed. Due to this, the customer is getting additional discount, SMS refund is rating wrongly in case of free bucket.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Grant 25 SMS through a Non-Currency Resources (NCR).
2) Create a usage charge offer to charge.
3) Create discount rule #1 to deduct the grant and credit the charge.
4) Create discount rule #2 to increase a counter to track the usages.
5) Pass 25 SMS to consume all the grants.
6) Pass a refund request for the 25th SMS.
Expected behavior: All the impacts done on the debit for the 25th SMS should be refunded
Current behavior: The impact is happening on rule #2 instead of rule #1, hence the customer is getting additional discount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document