Approve Timesheet 'Reject' Button Becomes Disabled When Clicking Cancel On The 'Send Email' Window
(Doc ID 2650285.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 06, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
'Reject' options become unavailable in 'Approve Timesheets' after canceling out of the reject process at the Send Email window.
- Sign in to P6 Web as an Admin Superuser.
- Browse to the Projects > EPS view.
- Create 2 new root level EPS nodes: PM1 & PM2.
- Browse to Administer > User Administration > OBS.
- Create 2 new OBS nodes (siblings of each other): PM1 & PM2.
- Assign the PM1 EPS to the PM1 OBS and PM2 EPS to the PM2 OBS.
- Browse to User Administration > Users and create 4 new users: PM1, PM2, TM & RM (ensure email addresses are configured).
- Assign "Administrator" global profile to all 4 and provide Module Access (all).
- Link PM1 user to the PM1 Responsible Manager with Project Superuser and PM2 user to the PM2 Responsible Manager with Project Superuser. RM doesn't need project access (it is the Resource Manager). TM (Team Member) should be given Responsible Manager to both PM1 and PM2 with Project Superuser. Save changes.
- Browse to Resources > Administration.
- Create a new Resource "TM", link the resource to the "TM" user and link the RM user as the Timesheet Approval Manager. Check the box "Uses Timesheets". Save changes.
- Browse to Administer > Application Settings > Timesheets to set "allow resources to assign themselves to activities by default", "two approval levels" and select the "admin" user as the "Default Resource Manager". Save changes.
- Browse to Projects and create a new project under the PM1 & PM2 EPS nodes (P1 under PM1 & P2 under PM2).
- Create a new activity under each project ("A1" under "P1" & "A2" under "P2").
- Assign the resource "TM" to both activities, spanning a few weeks with the durations.
- Sign in to Team Member with the "TM" user and add the "A1" & "A2" activities to a timesheet within the date range set for them.
- Provide hours in at least one day for each activity and submit the timesheets.
- Sign in to P6 Web as "RM" user and browse to Dashboards > Approve Timesheets.
- Approve the Timesheet submitted by "TM". Both activities shoudl show "RM Approved".
- Sign in to P6 Web as "PM1" user and approve the timesheet for the "P1" project. "A1" should show status "Approved" and "A2" should show status "RM Approved". The overall status of the timesheet will shows as "RM Approved".
- Sign in to P6 Web as the "admin" user and browse to Dashboards > Approve Timesheets.
- Highlight the timesheet that shows as "RM Approved" and select "reject".
- On the confirmation box, select the box to send an email and click 'OK'.
- Click 'cancel' on the Send Email window.
- The 'reject' button is not clickable, right click 'reject' option not available and cog icon (left of TS) 'reject' option is not available.
Note: The 'X' to the right of the timesheet is still able to be used to reject.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document