Copying/Pasting Time-Distributed Resource Assignment Data Takes a Long Time and/or Fails with an 'Out of Memory' Message
(Doc ID 2650485.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In P6 Professional, clicking Project > Resource Assignment, selecting all, and copying the data causes the application's memory usage to increase, eventually consuming all available RAM. The copy process is very slow also and it may take hours before eventually failing. An 'Out of memory' message may occur, or the process runs for more than 4 hours and still does not complete.
Copying and pasting resource assignments should take less memory and time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P6 Professional, click Project > Resource Assignment.
- Select at least 4 fields, such as Budget Cost, Budget Unit, Actual Unit, and Actual Cost.
- Highlight all and press Ctrl+C to copy the desired data.
- Open a new spreadsheet and press Ctrl+V to paste the contents.
- Observe the reported behavior.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!