Cancel Timesheet Or Other Direct Charge With Closed Accounting Period Generates Accounting Period Not Open Error
(Doc ID 2653128.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 2.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Functional
WAM(Work and Asset Management) does not allow negative time sheeting also it doesn’t allow users to cancel the posted entries as the accounting calendar is not usually open.
1. When creating reversal Financial Transaction, do not copy the original Accounting Date. Leave the element empty, Accounting Date will defaults with current date.
2. Financial Transaction validation algorithm should check valid Accounting Date only on Add or when the Accounting Date updated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Search for Direct Charges Posted outside of current Accounting Period by Main > Work Management > Other Direct Charges > Search
2. Populate search filter for Posted status and records created outside of current Accounting Period.
3. Select an Other Direct Charge with lines in Posted state.
4. On an Other Direct Charge line in Posted state, click Financial Transactions tab and note the Financial Transaction with Accounting Date outside of current Accounting Period.
5. On the Other Direct Charge Detail Display, click ‘Cancel’ button to cancel the transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document