ER: Should Be Able To Change Length Of Fields In Flexcodes
(Doc ID 2659912.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Health Insurance Enterprise Policy Administration - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Latest OHI release installed on this environment: 3.20.1
1) Description of Enhancement Request:
To allow changes to the length of the flexcode. Customer indicated that these changes might happen in production. The request is for a more elegant way of changing the length of a field or flex code definition field size.
So what we did is the following:
- Changed a field type to length 100
- A mistake was made and instead of the code the name should have changed to a 100
- And since more fields used the same definitions the change was incorrect
- The customer desires to be able to change the field back to it's original size if there are no values in the field that are greater than the required size
- Possibility to change the field definition of field to another definition.
3) Is there a current workaround? If so, please describe.
4) Is this issue a Blocker or Non-Blocker?
5) What is the impact to the business? (Please explain what is occurring, what is the volume of the impact per week, what is the financial impact, etc.)
Possible difficulties of making changes to the application when in production.
6) Is a backport to your current version required, or is it sufficient to have the fix in the next upgrade to the most current Oracle version?
7) If this enhancement is needed for a Go Live, please give the release version:
When time is available.
8) By what date is this enhancement needed?
somewhere in 2021 is OK.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document