CM is Not Switching Back to Primary Dm_oracle Immediately
(Doc ID 2661910.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer have the following configuration to enable dm_oracle high availabiltity. While testing user have follwing observation.
Steps to reproduce (Configured in cm pin.conf file):
Step 1. Configure CM_1 to have DM Oracle high availabiltity
cm_1, dm_1 => <IP ADDRESS> 12952
- cm dm_pointer 0.0.0.1 ip <IP ADDRESS> 12952 ip <IP ADDRESS> 12951
Step 2: Similar configuration for CM_2
cm_2, dm_2 => <IP ADDRESS> 12951
- cm dm_pointer 0.0.0.1 ip <IP ADDRESS> 12951 ip <IP ADDRESS> 12952
Step 3: Stop dm_1 and perform some activity
Expected Result: CM_1 should connect with DM_2 immediatly
Actual Result: CM_1 connected with DM_2 immediatly and no impact on service
Step 4: Start dm_1 and perform some activity
Expected Result: CM_1 should connect with DM_1 immediatly
Actual Result: CM_1 did not connect with DM_1 immediatly and kept sending the requst to failover DM.
Following is an example tested:
1) Ceated a new dm_oracle
2) Added the failover ip in CM
3) Started new dm_oracle chain
4) Connected with testnap and tried to read one account.
5) Stopped old dm_oracle.
6) Read the account once again from testnap session created in step 4.
Observation : Read request completed from new dm_oracle.
7) Started old dm_oracle and read the account once again from testnap session created in step 4
Observation : Read request completed from new dm_oracle only. CM connection did not switch back to Old dm_oracle.
8 a, Opened the testnap session and tried reading the same account.
observation : Read request completed from primary dm_oracle. Switch Over worked with new session.
8 b, Kept testnap session alive and idle for 5 Mins and tried to read the account once again.
observation: Read request completed from primary dm_oracle only. Switch over Worked after the idle time.
1) Why CM didnot switch back to the primary dm_oracle Once it is back.
2) How long session will continue before switch back to primary. How much idle time is needed?
3) Idle time scenario may not happen in Production. Hence how this connection would be reset to primary dm_oracle.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document