Java Error When Incorrectly Opening Supply Points Mode Viewer and Trying to Select
(Doc ID 2663941.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.3 to 2.4]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 2.3 to 2.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Java error when incorrectly opening supply points mode viewer and trying to select.
The supply node view is supposed to be used with work agenda and an existing event, but new users can accidentaly try to use it without first having selected an event (and have done so while in a production environment). They will get a java error dialog which should be replaced with a meaningful error message instead.
Would like to see a proper error message, preferable about how the service point mode should be used with a work agenda event.
1. Open Web Workspace and select authority for all control zones.
2. Open viewer.
3. Search for a device (I searched for name ke, and picked the eighth one.). You zoomed out a little bit so that I could see more than one transformer.
4. Click on Supply Points mode function. Observe that supply points are displayed.
5. Select one point. When I was first seeing this error, at this point, you would get a java error: java.lang.NullPointerException.
After testing for awhile, issue seemed to stop, but doing one extra step did cause the java error:
6. Right click on supply point and choose 'Add Supply Points'. Get java error: java.lang.NullPointerException.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document