The 'Applicable to' Drop Down Does Not Show All the Custom Services While Creating Charge Offer
(Doc ID 2669392.1)
Last updated on JUNE 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- In a customer Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) system, all the custom services are having only Cycle and Purchase events. In this case, there is no entry in the pin_event_map as it is not required for these services.
- Now a Pricing Design Center (PDC) migration is performed. After migration, the customer has to create Charge Offers, but the 'Applicable to' drop down does not show all the custom services.
- The user has to go to Setup in PDC and create service-event map with the custom service and any applicable event, after that the custom service is available under 'applicable to' while creating charge offer.
- However the challenge here is that, if there are hundreds of custom services, one has to manually create a service-event map for each service and this is an overhead and may not fit well into the migration window.
- Given that this is a migration activity on the whole, what is the best practice to avoid the manual step as above and ensure that the services are already available to be used in charge offers, post migration or syncPDC.
- For example, can there be a simple entry with "/service/custom1" and "/event/session" for example, in pin_event_map, load it to config_event_map_t, post which automatically PDC will have it after migration or syncPDC.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document