Billing Failure due to Closed Child Accounts in BRM-ECE Setup
(Doc ID 2671475.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 7.5 Patch Set 17 integrated with Elastic Charging Engine (ECE), there is an issue in the following scenario:
- A billing account has a hierarchy of one parent and two child accounts.
- One of the child accounts is closed.
- When change the payment type of the parent account, which will update the /billinfo of the child accounts, during this operation, there is failure in Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) since closed accounts are not loaded to ECE cache due to capacity/performance considerations.
- See below error in Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Connection Manager (CM) pinlog:
Steps to reproduce:
- Create account hierarchy to comprise of a parent account with two child accounts
- Close one of the child account
- Change pay type of parent account, see error during this action
- Bill the paying parent account on billing date of month, see error during this action
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document