"View Only" Users Can Complete Instructed Actions From the Control Tool
(Doc ID 2675686.1)
Last updated on APRIL 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 2.3 to 2.4]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 2.3 to 2.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Web Switching Request
Currently, the "Instructs Panel" ( PNL_INSTRUCTS ) is always visible in the Control Tool, regardless of user-type.
This creates an issue where a user in Switching Request role was able to complete an instructed step from the control tool.
The actions on the instructed steps should probably be limited to the same user types who can execute open/close and place/remove tags, from the control tool.
Only users who can use the control tool should be able to complete switching steps
How to Repeat:
- Launch Web Workspace and login as Full Operations
- Get Authority over all zones
- Instruct a step for a switch plan
- Logout and login as a View Only user
- Bring up the control tool for the device where the instruct was done in step 3
- The system allows you to Complete the instructed action.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document