ResolveGrantorIdViaEM Failed for Balances Where Grantor is Already Expired and Purged
(Doc ID 2679813.1)
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During some bundle purchase cases, Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) reports errors while trying to resolve grantor for balances where the grantor (purchased discount) is already purged from both ECE and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM).
Please consider the following scenario:
1. A bundle reverses grants and fees is purchased for a subscriber account.
2. The bundle reverses grants for usage resources balances and also grants a pseudo currency (BONUS) resource (this is a form of refund for the fees related to the product which is reversed).
3. The BONUS resource sub-balance is valid indefinitely (valid_to = 0). BONUS resource is granted by a 1 second validity discount.
4. This purchased discount is picked up by the pin_discount_cleanup and moved to status=3 the next night.
5. After 30 days, it is deleted from BRM (also by pin_discount_cleanup). It is also purged from ECE due to retention time policy.
6. After the purchased discount is purged from both BRM and ECE, a bundle purchase was attempted for this account.
The request failed because ECE could not find the grantor of BONUS resource in BRM DataBase, i.e. resolveGrantorIdViaEM failed.
This issue is only observed in a multischema PROD environment. On single-node test environments with the same conditions, the bundle purchase is successful.
In both environments, grantor /purchase discount is not present in customer cache in ECE nor in purchased discount_t BRM table.
It can be found only in au_purchased_discout_table_t.
An attempt to modify a sub-balance with a purged grantor object by PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT failed due to pin_discount_cleanup utility removing /purchased_discounts, which are grantors of valid sub-balances.
The /purchased_discounts should not be removed from the DataBase or the grantor object on sub-balance should be changed to NULL.
How to modify the grantor object on sub-balances with expired and purged grantors?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document