Post New Comments Is Disabled For Activity Discussion
(Doc ID 2685932.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 17.7 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 17.7 to 17.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The user granted with the full profile privileges on Activities and proper project access, is not able to post new discussion comment for project activities.
The user granted with the proper profile privileges on Activities and project access, is able to post new discussion comment for project activities.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a project (e.g. NEWPROJ1) under an EPS.
2. Create a WBS under this project. Create an activity under the WBS.
3. Create two OBS records (e.g. TestOBS1 and TestOBS2)
4. Grant the OBS TestOBS1 to the EPS node, and TestOBS2 to the project and its objects underneath.
5. Create a user (e.g. test1) with the responsible manager TestOBS1 granted and full profile privileges on Activities.
6. Log on P6 Web and open the project.
7. Select the activity created under the WBS. Go to the Discussion tab.
8. It is noticed that the New Comment text field and Post button are greyed out. However the user is able to edit other business fields of this activity object.
9. Select another activity created directly under the project. The user is able to edit the New Comment text field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document