Order Minimum Quantity (MIN_ORDER_QTY) Validation Fails to Cancel an Order Upon Re-Approving
(Doc ID 2692782.1)
Last updated on JULY 31, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.2 to 16.0.2 [Release 16.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You want to cancel open Order Quantity if you know you will not receive any more. If you order an Item with Order Minimum quantity (MIN_ORDER_QTY on ITEM_SUPP_COUNTRY) and, if the vendor short-ships, receipt quantity is less than the Order Minimum Quantity, RMS does not allow the buyer to cancel off the Open Order Quantity and re-approve the Order. RMS throws the below error.
"Quantity ordered for item <ITEM_VALUE1> must be greater than or equal to <ITEM_QTY1>"
The preferred handling, when doing the Minimum Order Quantity validation during Order approval, is to allow the Order Quantity to be less than the Minimum Order Quantity if the Order Quantity equals Order Received Quantity. This would allow the buyer to cancel off Open Order Quantity if the vendor short-ships even if that drops them below the minimum.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Find/Create an Item with a Minimum Order Quantity on Item/Supp/Country (for example Minimum Order Quantity = 100).
2. Create and Approve an Order for the item/supplier from Step #1. The Order Quantity should be larger than the Minimum Order Quantity (for example Order Quantity = 300).
3. Partially receive the Order, the receipt quantity should be less than the Minimum Order Quantity (for example Receipt Quantity = 60).
4. Open the Order, put into Worksheet status, and cancel off the open Order quantity. (for example: Cancel Quantity = 240, revised Order Order Quantity = 60).
5. Attempt to re-approve the Order.
6. Notice that the application throws the error "Quantity ordered for item <ITEM_VALUE1> must be greater than or equal to <ITEM_QTY1>."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document