Meter Alarms Have Incorrect Timestamp On Device Events
(Doc ID 2693316.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway Adapter for Itron OpenWay - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Disclaimer:** This KM article may include the following abbreviations:
SOA - Service Oriented Architecture
MDM - Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management
C2M - Oracle Utilities Customer To Meter and Advanced Meter Solutions
SGG - Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Itron Common Issues
Meter Alarms have incorrect timestamp on Device Events
Meter alarms sent by the Itron Collection Manager are recorded with an incorrect Device Event Date/Time in MDM. Device Events are being created with a timestamp of when the meter alarm is sent by the Head-End as opposed to the time reported by the meter.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Using SoapUI, send a web service call to the ‘ExceptionSubscriberService’ service on the Itron OpenWay SGG Adapter. Make sure to use a different timestamp for the ‘ReceivedWhen’ and ‘Timestamp’ elements
2. A new SOA instance is created in Enterprise Manager and is in a ‘Completed’ state
3. Click on the FlowID to view the message received by the SOA service. Notice the ‘ReceivedWhen’ and ‘Timestamp’ elements
4. Login to the C2M application and search for the device the meter alarm was sent for.
5. Scroll down to view the Device Events created for this meter. The device event has a ‘Device Event Date/Time’ that matches ‘ReceivedWhen’ on the message from Itron Collection Manager as opposed to ‘Timestamp’
The issue has the following business impact:All outage and restoration meter alarms coming into MDM have incorrect timestamps.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document