RDC Unstable / Slow / Hangs
(Doc ID 2696099.1)
Last updated on JULY 30, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Clinical Remote Data Capture Option - Version 5.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
RDC Application can become unstable / hang and the below symptoms can surface:
Errors that can appear:
- Http/1.1 Service Unavailable
- 503 Service Unavailable
- 'Because of inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active. Click OK to reload the page' error (even though RDC was being used a few minutes back / or appears immediately after logging in)
- when opening DE windows 'Data Entry Error :' appears / no DE Window opens (and log file contains the 'Error in DCAPI Module' / 'Failed all attempts to create executable' error).
- Failure of Web Server bridge (No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.)
The following may also be seen:
- Last Refresh is '08-20-2012 11:31:40' in top right corner of RDC Onsite (i.e. a 2012 default value date)
- 'Logout, Preferences, Change Password, Help' menu options are not visible i.e.
- it is not possible to interact with the RDC Onsite UI.
- it maybe difficult to log into RDC Onsite
When the issue surfaces it was observed there were moments of more than 500 hard page faults per second on the RDC Application Server (with a memory use of 60% from 8 GB and less then 50% cpu)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document