Workflow Custom PX Is Not Getting Executed Inside the Scheduled Event PX
(Doc ID 2697782.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer configured scheduled event which releases ECO, Workflow based Px is also configured at release status of ECO. But Workflow based PX failing to trigger when scheduled event getting execute and History tab of ECO shows the following error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Java Client.
2. Create Event:
Event Type: Scheduled Event
Name: APLM32596 Event
Frequency: Once a day, Starting at <
3. Create Event Handler:
Type: Java PX
Name: APLM32596 Event handler
Role: All roles
Event Action: TestCigAutomation936XtendPX
4. Create Event Subscriber:
Name: APLM32596 Event Subscriber
Event: APLM32596 Event
Event Handler: APLM32596 Event handler
Execution Mode: Asynchronous
5. Go to Data Settings > Process Extensions. Create process extension:
Name: APLM32596 PX for Workflow
Type: Internal Custom Action
Internal Custom Action: HelloJavaPX
Initiate From: Workflow State
Roles: All roles
6. Go to Workflow Settings > Workflow > Default Change Orders > Status tab > Submitted > Criteria. SetProcess Extensions: APLM32596 PX for Workflow.
7. Click Enable Triggering Events.
8. Wait for the Scheduled Event to trigger.
9. Login to the Web Client.
10. Search for ITM00002.
11. Go to Changes tab and open the latest ECO.
12. Go to Workflow tab of latest ECO. Verify Workflow status is set to Submitted.
13. Go to History tab.
14. Verify no APLM32596 PX for Workflow: java.lang.NullPointerException error is shown in Details column of User Defined Action.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document