Performance Issue In Saimptlogfin When BALANCE_LEVEL_IND = 'R'
(Doc ID 2697919.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 27, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 16.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When SA_SYSTEM_OPTIONS.BALANCE_LEVEL_IND = 'R' and thus saimptlogfin will process data from SA_BALANCE_GROUP using REGISTER instead of CASHIER.
The program runs slower when run by Register as compared to Cashier as there is no index on SA_BALANCE_GROUP with REGISTER (i.e. STORE_DAY_SEQ_NO, REGISTER) like there is with CASHIER (i.e. SA_BALANCE_GROUP_I1 = STORE_DAY_SEQ_NO, CASHIER).
Steps to replicate
1) Set SA_SYSTEM_OPTIONS.BALANCE_LEVEL_IND = 'R'
2) Run saimptlogi to load 3000+ stores worth of sales data with register information.
3) Run saimptlogfin and notice performance issues queries involving SA_BALANCE_GROUP
To see impact of the need for an index, the following can be done to compare results:
1) SA_SYSTEM_OPTION.BALANCE_LEVEL_IND = 'C'
2) Run saimptlogi to load 3000+ stores worth of sales data with cashier information
3) Run saimptlogfin and notice the jobs runs much faster than when balancing by register.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document