Gantt Chart of Activities Are Cut Off in Print Preview When Specifying Timescale Finish to "PF - Latest Project Finish" in Page Setup
(Doc ID 2704292.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 18.8 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 18.8]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.8 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 18.8]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.8 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 18.8]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 19.12 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 19.12]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 19.12 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 19.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Gantt Chart bars are cut off in the Print Preview when specifying Timescale Start to "PS - Earliest Project Start" and Timescale Finish to "PF - Latest Project Finish" in Page Setup.
The Gantt Chart bars of Activities are fully displayed to present the entire Project data.
Project Latest Finish date should take the Finish date of Project and entire Project data should be displayed. Finish date column refers to the Finish field in Dates Tab on the Projects View or can be visible in grid when added as one Layout column.
If there are multiple Projects opened, then Project Latest Finish should take the Latest Finish date among those Projects.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Project and add 5 tasks each a week long and the same Resource assigned. No relationship is linked between Activities.
2. Open and Schedule the Project.
3. Level the Resources with the option "Preserve scheduled early and late dates" checked, then the tasks will spread out in the Gantt Chart.
4. On the Activities View, go to Page Setup, Options. Configure the Timescale Start to "PS-1M" and Timescale Finish to "PF+1M".
5. Open the Print Preview.
6. It is noticed that the right boundary of the printed Timescale doesn't follow the Project "Finish" plus 1 month. Instead it is the latest "Early Finish" among all Activities plus 1 month. In this situation, the Gantt Chart of some Activities may be cut off due to the limited Timescale.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document