LOCLIST_BUILD_SQL.REBUILD_LIST Throws ORA-06502 Error when You Add or Delete Location for Large List
(Doc ID 2706586.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.2 to 16.0.3 [Release 16.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you modify Location-Lists by adding or deleting locations in the list you see the ORA-06502 error occasionally.
"Error: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small returned by program unit LOCLIST_BUILD_SQL.REBUILD_LIST"
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate Tasks / Foundation data / Locations / Manage Location List.
2. Enter one large list (say 1951 rows approximately).
3. Open list in the Location List screen.
4. Click the More Actions button / Locations.
5. In the Location-List Detail screen add or delete one location.
6. Click in Save and Close button and the message the error ORA-06502.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document