Discount Sharing Group Does not Allow Members to Transfer Non-currency Balance to Group Owner
(Doc ID 2713674.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The user has the following business use case:
There are several recurring charge offers available to the discount sharing group members, for example: 1GB for 1 Euro, 2GB for 1.6 Euro, 4 GB for 2 Euro, etc. Each member might have different prices and different grants (free non-currency resource), but the idea is that all the granted amount should be shareable among the group members.
To achieve this, create a discount sharing group (DSG) with a discount configured to grant/transfer the non-currency resource (NCR) balance from the member account to the group owner. The discount filter contains the pricing name of all the applicable charges.
Steps to create this scenario:
1. Create dicount and charge offering in Pricing Design Center (PDC)
Discount offer: Grant From Subscriber To Group Test Discount Offer. In the balance impact, "Debit" NCR Apply To "user balance", and "Credit" NCR Apply To "sharer balance"
Charge offer: Grant From Subscriber To Group Charge Offer. This is configured as a monthly recurring event to grant NCR.
2. Create 1 account that will be the owner of the shared group
3. Create 1 account that will be a member of the shared group
4. Create a DSG with the discount that moves grants on a specific resource from the member balance to the sharer balance.
5. Purchase a recurring charge offer that grants free resource. Since as a member of the shared group this account also has active the shared discount, then the grant on the free NCR balance should be transferred to the group owner account.
From the read objects (Robj) below, see that there is a deduction from the member's NCR balance, but there is no grant on sharer balance (DSG owner).
1. Robj of member's balance group
The group owner's balance is increased with the amount removed from the member balance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document