Backorder Alerts Not Working
(Doc ID 2713958.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Examples provided in this article do not represent real life personal/confidential information**
**Disclaimer:** This KM article may include the following abbreviations:
WAM - Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management
PO - Purchase Order
UI - User Interface
ARU - Automated Release Updates
Backorder alerts not working
There seems to be an issue with backorders. Customer has set everything to yes on the master configuration but when customer received the stock into WAM, no popup window appeared to inform the user of activities waiting on the stock item. No email alerts were sent either.
expecting to have alert from system
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure all the backorder alerts are enabled in the Inventory Management Master Configuration (under Receiving Parameters > Alerts)
2. Choose a Stock Item Detail that is out of stock.
3. Create an activity and add the Stock Item Detail from #2 to its planned resources. Activate the Activity.
4. Create a PO to replenish the Stock Item Detail in #2.
5. Receive the PO. Email alerts should be sent as described in the master config. A window should actually pop up displaying the activities that need the part (please review the original blueprint strawman).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document