Variance Between ALC's And ELC's Are Not Correctly Updated in TRAN_DATA Table
(Doc ID 2714777.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 15.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the variance between ALCs and ELCs is calculated the variance is not correctly inserted in TRAN_DATA. This is due to the roundings applied in the ALC_SQL package.
The roundings are not always applied by the round function but by assigning the results to variables with restrictive type, number(20,4).
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a Purchase Order(PO) with 1 simple pack.
- Create and add expense for that pack in the PO.
- Receive the PO and close it.
- Create an Obligation for the cost component on that PO with amount some 'X' amount.
- Approve and allocate the Obligation.
- Finalize the PO.
- Check TRAN_DATA results, 2 lines should have been generated : 1 for the receipt, 1 for the variance.
- Since the Obligation is of 0 value, the variance should be exactly the same as the ELCs.
- Compare TOTAL_COST - TOTAL_COST_EXCL_ELC from the receipt record (tran_code = 20 and ADJ_CODE is null) with the value from the variance record (tran_code = 20 and ADJ_CODE = ‘A’). The values will be different by some decimals.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document