Global Versioning Incorrect Logic When Version Is Not Loaded On Softrater
(Doc ID 2718023.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Insbridge Rating and Underwriting - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, RateManager
Global versioning using strange logic when version is not loaded on softrater
Example of issue:
- Say we have three versions of a particular program, V1, V2, and V3, and we use versioning data to allow the version to be picked dynamically
- The versioning data for V1 and V2 are identical, and V3 is different
- We deploy V1 and V3 to the softrater, along with the the global versioning package
- I run an input policy that meets the versioning criteria for V1 (and V2 since they have identical versioning data)
- ISSUE: The global versioning matches V1 and V2, and by default it picks V2 since it's the later one. But, since V2 is not loaded on the softrater, it defaults to actually picking V3, even though the policy doesn't even match V3 versioning data
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, incorrect version is used.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document