Reserved Balances Replaced With New Balances During Subsequent Reservations
(Doc ID 2719531.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control Applications (NCC) 188.8.131.52.0 version, Chg Ctrl Svcs,
It is observed that the balances charged from a reservation for an ongoing call, specifically, if a user starts a call using General Cash and then receives voice balances which are higher in the cascade, then the entire call is rated on the new balances if the call is extended.
- Rating setup is 0.35 per minute, reservation size 300 seconds (5 minutes, 1.75).
- Subscriber has $10, starts a call - receives a reservation of 1.75 for the first 5 minutes
- During this first 5 minutes, a promotion renews or is purchased -> this debits X from the account, and grants Y in a valid voice balance
- Call passes 300 seconds and is extended by the Voucher and Wallet Server (VWS), another 5 minute is granted by the VWS. Here it is observed that VWS reserves 600 seconds from the newly available
voice balance. Reservation for 1.75 [0 used] + 600 seconds [300 used]
- After this Caller hangs up at 10 minutes, committing the charge on the account. Here VWS commits 600 seconds against the voice balance. General cash is not charged.
- It appears the VWS sees the new balance, and starts using it for the ongoing call. But it applies the charge back to the start of the call and overrides what was previously
- If the call hangs up at 5 minutes (i.e. before there is a subsequent reservation for more funds) then the general cash is charged.
- The length of the call doesn't matter, only whether there is an SR. e.g. with a 60 minute calls, voice balances at 52 minutes would replace all general cash, but a top-up at 58
minutes would replace no general cash.
When the call is extended by the VWS, by granting another 5 minutes, VWS should reserves 300 seconds from the newly available voice balance.(ie Reservation for 1.75 [1.75 used] + 300 seconds [0 used])
During Call hangup, VWS should commits 1.75 against general cash and 300 seconds against the voice balance
How to get the expected results here?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document