Re-rating does not Use the Priority of Products
(Doc ID 2719575.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM (Billing and Revenue Management) Version 184.108.40.206.0, Pipeline Manager.
During the billing process the system uses product priority, in the CM (Connection Manager) log there is a call to the function 'fm_utils_bill_sort_purchased_offerings'. However, during the re-rating process the function PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_RERATE_REBILL is not called and this causes the charges to be applied in the wrong order. This is important when the first product allocates resources and the second one uses them. The reverse order causes the product that uses the resources to not work properly.
PRODUCT1 - allocates a RESOURCE1 resource
PRODUCT2 - charges an FEE1 fee
DISCOUNT1 - reduces the FEE1 fee if RESOURCE1>0
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an account and a service;
2. Subscribe product PRODUCT1 (lower priority);
3. Subscribe product PRODUCT2 (higher priority);
4. Move PVT (Pin Virtual Time) to a next cycle;
5. Bill the account;
6. Fees are charged in order PRODUCT2, PRODUCT1;
7. Move PVT +15 days;
8. Re-rating of an account, from beginning of current cycle;
9. Fees are charged in order (randomly) PRODUCT1, PRODUCT2 (without sort);
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document