Assignment to Incorrect Item After Backdated Product Activation
(Doc ID 2719701.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After backdated activation of product on an account with service transfer, observe the resulting event with cycle charge, it is assigned to an item of closed bill.
Consider the below scenario below where start_t of product is before effective service_transfer start.
Cycle event generated in step 8 below should be assigned to item of current bill instead of previous bill.
Steps to reproduce (pin_virtual_time in brackets):
1. (01.08.2017) Create account1 with billinfo1 with BDOM=1
Create account2 with billinfo2 with BDOM=1
2. (01.08.2017) On account2, create service1. On this service purchase product1 with cycle fee
3. (02.09.2017) Perform billing
4. (02.09.2017) Create billinfo3 on account2 which points to billinfo1 (using ar_billinfo_obj), set billinfo_obj of bal_grp of service1 as billinfo3, effective dates of that actions is 2017-09-30 23:59:59
5. (02.10.2017) Perform billing
6. (02.10.2017) On service1, purchase product2 with cycle fee with start_t=2017-08-01 and end_t=2017-09-01 (before billinfo relation is on)
7. (02.11.2017) Perform billing
8. (03.11.2017) On service1, purchase product3 with cyclic fee with start_t=2017-08-01 and end_t=2017-09-01
Cycle event generated is assigned to item which is assigned to previous bill (bill closed during billing from point 7).
This item assignment is wrong, event should be assigned to item of current bill.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document