ORA-6502 On Buyer Worksheet Screen When Purchase Order Number is More than 10 Digits
(Doc ID 2722414.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Buyer worksheet screen failing with Error "Ora-6502 Numeric or value Error. ..Returned By ADD_LINE_ITEM._SQL.ADDTO_ORDER" when PO Number is greater than 10 digits.
1. Change the order_number sequence to start at 12 digits (i.e. 100000000000)
2. Set up an item/location on replenishment making the order control buyer worksheet
3. Run the replenishment batches
4. Enter the UI and go to the buyer worksheet screen
5. Highlight the item and then click on the Create PO button
6. Note: The error "Ora-6502 Numeric or value Error" comes up that the character string buffer is too small.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document