Activity Reversal Processing At The Same Time As Activity Requirement Causes Duplicate Spawns
(Doc ID 2723693.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 28, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124 version, General
When an activity is reversed at the same time that activity level requirements are approved on a child activity, there are duplicate instances of the child activity.
The "Active" status activity XML indicates it was spawned by an activity who's status is Shadow.
If multiple users are trying to process an activity reversal of a parent transaction at the same time as approving activity level requirements in a child transaction,
users will be prevented from causing duplicate spawns of child transaction.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Transaction1 that spawns Transaction2
2. Create activity level requirements for Transaction2 that will always be created via attached GeneratePendingRequirements rule
3. Process an activity of type Transaction1
4. Verify an activity of type Transaction2 is spawned
5. Process Transaction2, this activity should go to status Pending Requirements
6. Enable auto process
7. Have one user reverse parent Transaction1 at the same time another user approves activity level requirements and clicks OK in activity level requirement (reversal command should happen slightly before activity requirement approval)
8. Verify that there are now 2 instances of Transaction 2, one is in Active status and one is in Pending Requirements status. The activity XML for the Active status activity shows that is spawned by an activity in Shadow status.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document