Discount Applies Twice When a Product has Multiple Rate Tiers in A Billing Period
(Doc ID 2723746.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), 220.127.116.11.0 and 18.104.22.168.0 Versions,
A product has a monthly recurring charge (MRC) with different rate tiers valid until Dec 6, then starts another different rating tier after Dec 6.
When the product is purchased, the user observes that the rate tiers are applied correctly from Dec 4 to Dec 6 and a different rate for Dec 6 to Jan 4.
There is a discount which applies 50% discount on the MRC, which is purchased from Dec 4. The user observes that the correct discount is applies for Dec 4 to Dec 6, but for the period Dec 6 to Jan 4, the discount is applied twice.
Discount should apply only once for period Dec 6 - Jan 4
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Enable - fm_subscription rate_change 1 in connection manager (CM) pin.conf.
Enable sequential cycle discounting
1. Create a MCF product and configure 2 rate tiers for it.
- rate tier 1 should end on Dec 6 00:00:00 2020
- rate tier 2 should start from Dec 6 00:00:00 2020 and end never
2. Create MCF discount
- pin_virtual_time to Dec 4 2020, puchase the above product
- observe that the product will be charged to 2 periods
- Dec 4 to Dec 6 with rate tier 1
- Dec 6 to Jan 4 with rate tier 2
3. Purchase the discount. Observe that the discount will apply once for first period and twice for the second period of rate tier 2
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document