Enhancement Request for SaveAndRefresh API in Intelligent Advisor
(Doc ID 2724364.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Policy Automation - Version 12.2.14 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Requirement is to have OPA Engineering provide a new API - SaveAndRefresh that would allow the interview to refresh data on screen, without requiring navigation to / from screens.
The current solution is has evolved from an initial OPA 19A solution.
When the user selects saveAndRefresh (a button on many screens) the following occurs:
1. Interview.SaveData(resumeOnCurrentScreen = true) is called
2. A checkpoint is saved
3. At this point the process attempts to wait for the screen rendering to complete
4. The interview is now resumed from the checkpoint with refresh data on resume option
5. The previously saved checkpoint is unpacked to extract the user data
6. The user data is assembled into an Answer Service request
7. The Answer Service is called to access any derived values
8. The Connector Save operation is called with the response from the Answer Service
(Prior to OPA 19D Update 1 the checkpoint was rebuilt essentially from a load response)
Note: additional processing on checkpoint resume to avoid performance hit on checkpoint save. It is still possible to resume rather than start an interview although this isn’t required at present.
The suggestion to refresh on a specific screen rather than checkpoint resume has a few implications:
Move additional processing to save data could be moved to save checkpoint save which would impact performance
1. checkpoint only on certain screens which would preclude standard resume functionality, this would require:
2. navigate to screen with checkpoint enabled then
3. navigate to screen with refresh before configured then
4. navigate back to the original screen
This hasn’t been prototyped yet but presumably requires:
1. a mechanism to not show these ‘special’ screens (or show with a wait icon)
2. a control on the screen which when initialised will do the required navigation
3. Improves performance (resume is currently problematic due to very large enumerations sets)
4. Synchronisation problems waiting for screen to render may still exist
5. Still need to unpack checkpoint
6. Still need to call answer service, performance
A SaveAndRefresh API (possibly with save optional for other clients) would greatly simplify the above process and improve performance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document