WH to Store Replenishment (reqext.pc) not Including Substitute Items if Item/WH Status Is Discontinued
(Doc ID 2738381.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Substitute items are not used if the item status is Discontinued.
If the retailer has been buying Item A1 and that is being phased out for Item A2, they will set A1 to Discontinued at the WH and Store.
They will then put Item A2 on RMS Replenishment and make Item A1 a substitute item with the fill priority set to fill Item A1 first so the remaining WH stock can be depleted.
Because of this issue in reqext.pc, it will not pull inventory for substitute item A1 to send to the store.
1. Create Item A1 and A2. Setup at Warehouse W1 and Store S1. A1 should be in Discontinued status for both W1 and S1, A2 should be in Active status for both W1 and S1.
2. Adjust +1,000 units of inventory for Item A1 & A2 at W1.
3. For Item A2, setup Item A1 as a Substitute Item for W1. Set Fill Priority = Sub Item. Set Use Stock Ind = Y.
4. Set Item A2 on WH Stocked replenishment at S1 on being sourced from W1. Set on Min Max Replenishment with Min Stock = 60 and Max Stock = 100. Set Repl Order Ctl = Automatic. Set to Review every day.
5. Run RMS Replenishment batches (at least through batch_reqext.ksh).
6. The expected result should be that a Transfer of 100 qty for Item A1 should be sent from W1 to S1. However, since reqext.pc filters to only use the sub item/WH if status = 'A' (code is in c_sub_items cursor in the get_sub_items() function), it writes the Transfer for A2.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!