VC Custom Program does not Update PK changes from Target Tables
(Doc ID 2742087.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench - Version 2.5.2 to 3.0.0 [Release 2.5.0 to 3.0.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to change the Primary Key from a Custom Program associated with a Validation Check in order to avoid duplicate records, the following error still occurs:
CDR_W###_######_1.<PACKAGE_BAME>.<PROCEDURE_NAME> ; end;" caught:java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-20002: Duplicate records inserted result in key violation ("<COLUMN_NAME>") for
ORA-06512: at "<CDR_SCHEMA_NAME>.P1707432", line 307
ORA-06512: at "<CDR_SCHEMA_NAME>.DV1707432$INS", line 17
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger '<CDR_SCHEMA_NAME>.DV1707432$INS'
ORA-06512: at "<CDR_SCHEMA_NAME>.<PACKAGE_NAME>", line 6
ORA-06512: at line 1
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create a Table1 with Primary Key defined over Col1
2. Create Table2 with Primary Key Col1
3. Create Table3 with Primary Key Col1
4. Create Program1
5. Add Table1 and Table2 as source Tables to Program1
6. Add Table3 as Target Table to Program1
7. Create VC1 and choose to create VC with Custom Program from Program1
8. Install and submit VC1
9. VC failed with error 'ORA-20002: Duplicate records inserted result in key violation ("COL1") for values'
10. Modify Table3 primary key and add Col2 column.
11. Update TD in Program 1 with latest version of Table 3 and checked in.
12. Update VC1 with latest version of Program1
13. Install and submit VC1.
14. VC fails again with the same error 'ORA-20002: Duplicate records inserted result in key violation ("COL1") for values'.
This has been logged as BUG 32342615 - VC Custom Program does not Update PK changes from Target Tables
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document