BRM and Database Upgrade Approach
(Doc ID 2745069.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is the database upgrade from 188.8.131.52 directly to 19c procedure feasible in the context of Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) upgrade from 7.5 to 12?
Could the steps 1 to 5 as below from the BRM Upgrading documentation be skipped?
1. Shut down the current instance of BRM. See "Shutting Down the Current Instance".
2. Turn off service authentication and authorization. See "Turning Off BRM Service Authentication and Authorization".
3. Create a complete backup of your BRM 7.5 data. See "Creating a Complete Backup of Your BRM 7.5 Data".
4. Create a new schema in BRM 12.0. See "Creating Your BRM 12.0 Database".
5. Import your data BRM 7.5 data. See "Importing Your BRM 7.5 Data".
Upgrading the database containing BRM data from 184.108.40.206 directly to 19c is the preferred approach. Because it will significantly increase the outage duration if upgrade via export and import to blank database.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document