BRM and Database Upgrade Approach
(Doc ID 2745069.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is the direct database upgrade from 22.214.171.124 directly to 19c procedure feasible in the contex of BRM (Billing and Revenue Management) upgrade from 7.5 to 12 and the steps from 1 to 5 from the BRM Upgrading documentation could be skipped?
1. Shut down the current instance of BRM. See "Shutting Down the Current Instance".
2. Turn off service authentication and authorization. See "Turning Off BRM Service Authentication and Authorization".
3. Create a complete backup of your BRM 7.5 data. See "Creating a Complete Backup of Your BRM 7.5 Data".
4. Create a new schema in BRM 12.0. See "Creating Your BRM 12.0 Database".
5. Import your data BRM 7.5 data. See "Importing Your BRM 7.5 Data".
Moreover in case of upgrade via export and import to blank database will significantly increase the outage duration.So,upgrading the database containing BRM data from 126.96.36.199 directly to 19c is the preferred approach.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document